Friday, October 30, 2009

What an amazing place --



This place is just amazing. It is similar to what I imagined... but bigger, more vast... Just more. We had a great day at the pyramids today. We are approaching this trip chronologically. So today we started in Dahshar, then went to Memphis (Ramsis statue in another post), then to Saqqara. Some of these structures are more than 7000 years old. I climbed up the steps to go inside the tomb in Dahshar. Up some 100 steps, then INTO the pyramid and climbing DOWN 150 steps (hunched over as the head room was non-existent) to arrive at 3 rooms. Very high ceilings but walls that pitched to an isosceles triangle. Very, very claustrophobic, but I was glad I did it. I DO NOT want to be buried in a pyramid! Then, of course, reversing course to come back up to see the light of day!

No comments: