Friday, October 9, 2009

Initation 3: Yoga!

With the help of Lori Rosen's sister Honi -- I found an Iyengar-style yoga studio around my corner. How great is that? I took a class this morning -- and it was quite interesting. My sanskrit is WAY better than my Hebrew -- but I am guessing my Hebrew will improve. Even as the class was progressing I was understanding "inhale, exhale", "plant left heal, right foot forward". "Kadima" "Mala" etc... I am thinking yoga in Hebrew will be an excellent immersion to the language and the life. Everyone in the class was super welcoming -- a true "kula" (that's sanskrit for "community" for the non-yogi readers!)

I have attached the link to the center -- most of it is in Hebrew -- but some pages are in English. Check it out!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Sayles said...

You are immersing yourself in all kinds of cultures over there... Looking forward to pix of the Simchas Torah festivities. In a strange kinda twist, Matt is playing drums and doumbek in a klezmer band at a temple in Syosset tonight. Ha!