Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Back from Class!

It's been a long time since I have been sitting in a classroom -- Here's how the day began -- got to school, found the building and classroom, took my seat and started to listen -- it seemed strange that the professor was talking about Israeli businesses, so I asked the girl next to me which class this was -- turns out -- I was in the Israeli Business: Local to Global class -- which started at 10 AM. My class, 20th Century Israeli Art, is at Noon-- whoops -- So, I had a coffee, walked around the campus a bit, saw the paper cutouts exhibition at the Museum of the Diaspora which is located right on campus and waited until Noon.

I found my place in the correct classroom and next to me -- Lucy -- get this one -- is a guy from Tufts!! How funny is that?? The professor is really interesting and today's lecture was about "What is Art?" and "How do you analyze a work of Art?" All the kids were participating and seemed really smart. I was impressed!

There is a mid-term exam, a project and a final exam. The final exam is 80% of the grade. I won't be here for the final -- that's the good news!

5 comments:

Elizabeth Sayles said...

so... what is art?

Anne said...

oh -- that is a long story -- too tired now...

Paula said...

I'm anxious to hear about your art project.

Anne said...

I am not sure yet -- I may be exempt because of my status!

Anne said...

You should have stayed in the Israeli business course as well as the art course. You would have had something to learn and something to contribute, and who knows, may you would have become an Israel high tech entrepreneur and angel.

written by Steve, but posted by Anne