Monday, October 26, 2009

One more thing...

I woke up very early this morning -- looked over at the computer and noticed that the game was still on -- top of the 7th, I think -- Yankees were winning 3- 1. I couldn't help myself. I switched the radio from WNYC to ESPN to hear the end of the game. Now everyone knows that I am not a real baseball fan -- it's just when the Yankees (or Mets) get to the end that I start to even pay attention. It was a tense morning - drinking coffee, trying to visualize the game with only the voices of the announcers telling me what was going on. It took me back to another time, long ago, driving with my dad listening to I don't know who calling the game. I haven't heard a game on the radio in oh so many years - but this morning, in Tel Aviv, that is just what I did. Do I need to say that I was very happy with the outcome! Go Yankees!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Sayles said...

Oh I was going to sleep when the score was 3-1 ! (I only cheer for mets tho..)

Anne said...

but it was such a good finish!!

Unknown said...

Alex and josh are v. happy too!

Unknown said...

Great story, glad you are enjoying your adventure look forward to seeing your times in Egypt.