Friday, October 30, 2009

OMG!! it is really out there!

This is the view from my room. That is one of the pyramids!! Can you believe it? It is quite awe inspiring. We arrived very late last night, were met at the airport and assisted through immigration, baggage claim and then driven to the hotel.

More about Cairo later-- but first impressions from the car on the trip is UNBELIEVABLE -- to me it seemed like a combo of Delhi and Bejing. The place is HUGE, highway road well paved (Beijing, China), car accidents and crazy drivers (Delhi), tons of people... Some of the structures had a Las Vegas feel -- so shiny, well-lit, BIG!!

I know, I know, stop comparing to other places, discover it on its own merits. There will be time for that. I was quite surprised by the city -- I really had no idea what it would be like. This is really going to be fascinating.