Tuesday, December 1, 2009

At the Movies!

An Education: Nick Hornby's new film. Two thumbs up, I really liked it. British girl coming of age, early 1960s. Very good story, lots going on. I was especially interested in seeing the film after reading Roger Cohen's op ed in today's (?) New York Times. Is this film out yet in NY? If so, check it out.

The Private Lives of Pippa Lee: Rebecca Miller's new film. This one had me a bit confused. I couldn't figure out who was who -- I understood what was going on, but there was a moment when I thought Robin Wright was playing more than one character -- and that was bothering me. It turns out she wasn't and as I said at the top of this blurb, I was just a tad confused.

Broken Embraces: Pedro Almodavor's new film. I liked this one very much. Homages to his previous pics abound and a little Hitchcock thrown in as well. Go see it!

Frozen River: I can't remember whose film this one is... but if you haven't seen it, rent it or watch it On Demand. Really worth it!

That's all for now.

No comments: