Monday, November 30, 2009

Back in Tel Aviv: A funny story...

Bear with me for this one -- I promise it is a funny story.

I arrived back in Tel Aviv yesterday, very tired after a night flight from Paris. I was looking forward to getting to my 9AM yoga class Monday morning. When I arrived, I received the very warm welcome from my regular Havarot (friends). One girl, who of course I recognized, but never really spoke to, helped me get my props.. nothing unusual. After class I went about my daily activities, stopping at the Organic Market to pick up my usual staples. While at the humus counter, I looked up, and there was the girl from yoga. Now, I had seen her at the market a few times... and I was never sure she was the same girl from yoga -- so, I never said anything, and since she never said anything, I figured I must be mistaken.

But today, I thought it was really strange that she didn't recognize me as I didn't look that different from a few hours ago -- so the new friendly me asked her if she was the girl in my yoga class... she replied, "which class? Anat's morning class?" To which I replied, "Yes, Anat's class". She laughed and said, "oh, that's my sister!"

To which I said, "Are you a twin?" She nodded -- Mystery solved. Tel Aviv is really a very friendly town!

No comments: