Saturday, November 21, 2009

Reuven Rubin and Nachum Gutman: two artists from the Erestz Israel period


One of our lectures focused on two artists from the Eretz Israel style of 20th Century Israeli Art. Reuven Rubin lived a few blocks from my apartment. So yesterday, I set out to visit his home, which is now a museum. The current exhibition was a show that depicts the Watermelon in Israeli Art. Yup, that's right -- the Watermelon. It was really a beautiful show with works from many of the artists I have been studying. The great thing was to see some of the paintings we saw as slides in the classroon up on the wall - in full size and all their beauty. I am showing you one of Rubin's work in this blog -- taken from the web as well as one of Gutman's. Enjoy them!!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Liz, is it legal to put up a picture from the web of an artist? I hope so, note, I did give credit to the painters.

Elizabeth Sayles said...

I'm sure they would be honored to be on your blog. As long as you give credit and don't sell any t-shirts with copyrighted images, you should be ok. Have a great trip.