Thursday, November 12, 2009

Back to daily Life

The road warriors (mom and Nancy) have returned to the US, and I am back to my daily life here in Tel Aviv. It was great to return to class at the University and be warmly greeted by my classmates. I had the same experience when I took my yoga class. While I am a bit disappointed with my progress on speaking Hebrew (I didn't study one minute on the trip to Egypt), my teacher seemed impressed with what I remembered.

I am well in the swing of daily living. I have the feeling of returning home.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Sayles said...

I just finished the chapter on Language in my anthropology book, and it turns out that written and spoken languages are two different languages. Our mother-tongue we learn as babies (hence the name "mother-tongue") and the written language we learn separately as a bunch of symbols representing speech. So you are actually learning 2 new languages right now!

Anne said...

oye vey -- no wonder I am having such a tough time!!